Sunday, January 04, 2009

Back in Edmonton

I was pretty sad to be leaving Rocky yesterday, but I decided once I got back to Edmonton that it isn't so bad. At least, I thought that until I remembered I have to go back to class tomorrow. sigh.

Today was the Oilers Superskills competition. My friend Sam came up to the city when I came back so we could go to it, and a game tomorrow too. It was really fun. It's a general admission event, so we got there about an hour before the doors opened to get a good seat. It was nice because we managed to squeeze inside the outer doors and we didn't have to wait in the cold. We got great seats, about five rows from the front. The only thing was that we were at an end sort of in the corner, so it was hard to see the far end. Everything was on the jumbotron too, though, so it didn't really matter much. This is Shawn Horcoff shooting in the shooting accuracy contest.


Last night I went to Auntie Jude's for supper and I stayed to watch the Oilers game. They domintated, so I hope they do the same against New York tomorrow when I'll be there. I have only seen them win live once, and that was in the shootout. I kind of feel like I am bad luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I agree: you are bad luck.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

It's okay, the curse is broken. Edmonton won 3-2 tonight while I was in attendence.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I started watching but when it was 2-0 for the other guys, I turned the TV off, so glad to hear the curse has been broken.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home