Saturday, December 20, 2008

Queen of the Road

I went to pick up the car yesterday, and given the weather and road conditions I opted for the Jeep Grand Cherokee. My carbon foot print for the next couple of weeks will be large, but I don't care. I love being high up, and I do feel safer with lots of vehicle around me. It has been cold here, and I see the forecast is for much of the same, so I am cheating and parking in the visitor parking lot, so I can plug in the behemoth. Lisa please don't report me for breaking the rules.

Allison and I went to Jack's Grill last night for supper, and it was wonderful. The food had to be about the best I have ever had. Allison suggested we consider eating there when everyone is in town for the Magical Shoe Weekend. I am going to drop off the presents for Kelowna tomorrow, and pickup the Rocky gifts, makes me feel quite Santaish. Still not certain on what day to leave for Rocky, it will be Monday or Tuesday, depending on road conditions.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't mind that kind of rule breaking. Just the kind that affects me negatively

9:24 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

hey - queen of the road and ms santa both!
Its -27 here this am - we broke cold records every day this week and I don't like it one bit.
My backyard is full of little shivering hungry birdies - luckily I didn't clear it thid fall so there are lots of seeds out there to feed the poor dears. Clem is staying in - never asks to go out at all. Finished shopping yesterday at the mall and the bus broke down and was almost an hour late - nearly turned to ice, but was fueled by rage inside.
off to finish cleaning house before the guests arrive on tues. The night before xmaS WILL APPLY AT THE fERREY HOUSE THIS YEAR - with the children all snuggled in.
Are you getting all of christmas day off Geoff or will they call you in at ten times o/t

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home