Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Yarding/Houseboat

Richard and I spent all day yesterday doing yardwork. And I got a sunburn as though I put on sunscreen, there was a gap between my shorts and shirt-hussy. It was lovely out though. Plus the yard looks better. Still there is much weeding to be done.
I was worn out after my last set of shifts. Trained in psychiatric ICU, then had a, how shall I put it, challenging night on the floor, with 2 difficult to manage people, and we were short staffed, which meant no breaks. PSICU at this point does not seem to be where i want to work. I'll try it some more, but really think that I'll prefer the main unit. It's not the patients, but rather the environment...just isn't where I want to work I think.
How tactful is that?
Yardwork was therapeutic in dealing with my stress from the last set of shifts though. Hurrah for living things and nature!
I hope that you are still on the mend Jude, how did work go? Were you OK there?
I paid the rest of the houseboat. I thought I'd pay for all of it then get reimbursed by the rest of you, but upon further reflection...could ya'll send a cheque in the next month or so?
Total was $5287.73. Divided by 13 (I'm presuming that all the Ferrey's are coming? If not sure...is fine, we can sort out later) = $406.75 per person.
I am excluding Mom...as she paid for our trip last time and thought we could pay for hers this time?
Perhaps this is not the best forum to discuss this, but is the best way of reaching all of you. As I know that Jim and Laura read this, even if they cannot figure how to post.
What do you think?
Cost includes our night on the boat before we actually leave..Sunday June 29th, then returning Sunday July 6. It's only 2 months away!! Should I arrange for meals etc and post again? It would be 2 meals we have to prepare and clean up after, so 1 breakfast, 1 supper? Gas will be extra of course..plus insurance I think from last time if I am remembering correctly. This time we will have a truck, so can bring extra chairs, firewood, as i know last time everyone was pretty cramped in their vehicles. Just let us know what you need. other than a million dollars.
I am arranging for beautiful weather, but cannot be held accountable if it does not arrive as ordered. There is a hot tub if cold and rainy...which it won't be....plus we have karaoke to amuse ourselves with!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger GEOFF said...

Keep working on the psychiatric ICU,
as I am sure it will be invaluable experience for being on a houseboat with 13 rellies.

How much beer does your truck hold ??

6:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I am certainly going to hold you accountable for the weather and will deduct from my share of the cost for every drop.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Talked to Jude the other night, she is going to Toronto for work.
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying springtime. We are supposed to get snow tonight - they are forecasting 27 cm in Nordegg.

6:49 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Take it that if Jude is going to TO that she is well again - have been wondering how it went back at work. Saw on the tv that you guys are gertting another dump of the white stuff. Too bad! Don't think I shud be excused from a share of the houseboat, but if you insist, maybe I'll pay for the kareoke stuff - Jime is lining it up

7:07 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Your calculations sound good to me, Lisa -- Mom, why don't you do ALL the cooking in exchange?

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home