Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring will be springing soon

We hope spring will be springing soon. Actually a lot of the latest snow has melted and as my daffodils reappeared they looked ready to bloom. The crocuses must have been blooming under the snow.
We went to Red Deer on Saturday night for a sort of reunion of Geoff's SAIT class. One of the guys just decided they should get together and picked a restaurant to meet at. I admit I wasn't all that excited about going and when we got there and they decided to put the guys at one table and wives at the other, my heart sank a little; I only know two of the wives. But it was great and a lot fun. I always think I'm anti-social until I get around people. However a late night is hard on an old girl. Ken and Charlie were there.
Tim for supper last night. He got to sit through me showing all our vacation pics.
Talked to Anne on Saturday. She is coming in June and will be here for the houseboat. Sam wants to come too although has to find out if he can take time off. Tim is supposed to be on call that weekend but is working on getting someone to cover for him.

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yay! I am happy that Anne will be able to come and that Sam is trying to come--obviously we had such a good time last year that you realized that you couldn't miss this year Sam--Jim is lining up the karaoke machine. I hope Tim can get someone to cover, it would not be the same without you. Plus someone needs to sing Queen songs with me again.
Richard and i both have the time off.I paid for it today. Or rather the rest of what was owing for the rental. Shall we split the karaoke rental too?

10:35 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yesterday my supervisor said she has no idea what she can offer me this summer re: work, so to just make my plans. Will go book a flight this afternoon. Houseboat! Can't wait.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yes, let's split the karaoke machine. Jim, put it on my account.

What do we each owe you, Lisa?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, Jim, put it on my account too. On account of I don't have any money. JeJe.
And Lisa you should let us know what we owe.
It's noisy in here. The shinglers are redoing the roof. For free!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Why are the shinglers doing the roof for free?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Insurance from last summer's hailstorm.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home