Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sam's home

We got Sam back today. I was planning to drive to the city on Tuesday after work and back here with him on Wednesday but it was still blowing snow so postponed the whole process a day. By yesterday the roads were all fine.
But Jude is not fine. She is very sick. She has felt like this for two weeks. She went to the doctor again but was told it's not anything anyone can do anything about although the doctor sent her for a chest x-ray and gave her an additional inhaler. I commiserated with her for a while then left her to go out for supper with Al. We had a good Thai meal but I barely scratched the surface of reminiscences about our trip. (I did leave some time for her to talk about her life, too.)
And I got to see Al's painted living room. It looks very nice, different than the paint chip she posted.
Geoff went to Calgary this week so took a memory stick of pictures to get printed (a CD wouldn't work, they only hold 700 MB). 334 pictures to be exact. I have posted some on Flickr (ran out of room).
It is still wintery out. Some snow has melted but there is still quite a bit. I suppose we could use the moisture but I would prefer it in a more liquid form. I can only hope the daffodils, crocuses and tulips that were growing were insulated from the cold by the snow.
Jude says she will post when she is feeling better.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Really sorry to hear Jude is sick. Get well soon!

Mom, I couldn't see your pictures. When I followed the link it said I didn't have permission to see them!

5:12 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, think you have to make pictures public.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I figured that out. Think it's fixed.

9:44 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Hey great pictures!
I think you can post each month. You can do more next month!
We're thinking of going to Scotland next year! Mom agrees! So long as we get a direct'ish flight.
Any one else want to come?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Allison and I were saying the other night that the Badgers should go to Scotland. Jude agreed. I think September would be a good month.
However, I do remember a certain senior person saying, "Well, I think this is my last big trip." Of course that was when we were in Dublin after taking the 2 a.m. ferry.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yes please! Yes please! Can we go to the Isle of Skye??? I still haven't been there, to my eternal shame. And Scotland with the Badgers would inevitably be fun.

And Grandma: I don't think they run 2am ferries to the Isle of Mull, so you should be safe!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home