Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter Blahs are gone (I hope)

Well the past 3 weeks I felt tired and just dragging myself around. All I felt like doing was sleeping, and playing spider solitaire. The weather was so cold, it was all I could do to get to work and then home again. But this weekend I started feeling more like myself, and as though there was a light at the end of the tunnel. With beautiful weather today, I think things are looking up. I think a person needs to take a winter holiday Jan or Feb and go somewhere sunny, 1 it gives something to look forward to, and 2 a dose of vitamen D would be great.

I did go to see a couple of movies (inspite of the freezer like temps). First was Charilie Wilson's War, which I had no expectations of, I like Tom Hanks, so that was enough incentive to go. I really enjoyed it, I just finished reading the new book by the Kite Runner Guy, and it was set in the same time frame, but the book gave the Afghan view and the movie the American view of the same time in history. I also went to see Sweeney Todd, which I loved. I have seen the stage play a couple of times, and I found that the movie really worked well. Johnny Depp sings (who knew?) and Helena Bonham Carter also has a good voice.

So that is about it for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

What a winter this has been - I think the whole country must have had the winter blahs, its been so cold and snowy. Heard from thye northern folks (Laura & Jim) and after weeks of -40 and worse. theyare pretty fed up. The Longs go to Cuba in 2 weeks.
Ita wRMED UP HERE DURING THE PAST WEEK - today was positively springy - well above zero and melting like mad as well as being sunny. When I went for my walk, there were hundreds of ducks along the creek and also Clem the Crazy cat spent most of the day on the front porch so I reckon spring is here!
Hope you can stay cheerful when the next snow hits, Jude - they said tomorrow - Oh - sorrow

5:52 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

What a winter this has been - I think the whole country must have had the winter blahs, its been so cold and snowy. Heard from thye northern folks (Laura & Jim) and after weeks of -40 and worse. theyare pretty fed up. The Longs go to Cuba in 2 weeks.
Ita wRMED UP HERE DURING THE PAST WEEK - today was positively springy - well above zero and melting like mad as well as being sunny. When I went for my walk, there were hundreds of ducks along the creek and also Clem the Crazy cat spent most of the day on the front porch so I reckon spring is here!
Hope you can stay cheerful when the next snow hits, Jude - they said tomorrow - Oh - sorrow

5:52 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It has warmed up, but that also means low cloud cover. Sigh.
I liked Sweeney Todd too.
Richard and I went to see the ballet this past weekend. we both liked it.
Feb is unending...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We were above zero here today. One good thing about -40 for a long time up north is that maybe it will kill some pine beetles.
Really, though, this is just what winter always used to be like. We were just younger.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home