Tuesday, November 13, 2007

chocs

It's almost getting too easy t0 make chocolates. We were finished in record time - 3 1/2 hours from start to finish, and most of the time it was Jude and I doing it all. Grace took some time off work to help, Sam stirred chocolate a bit and Geoff did some melting, but it was us for the most part and it still went fast. And the chocolates are good.
We went out to the lake on Sunday and took a walk on part of the trail. Very nice. The lake has frozen and looks smooth, but the ice isn't thick enough yet to walk on (we tested it). If we get a few more weeks without snow we may have a bit of skating time this year.
Sam came home with Jude so it was good to see him for the few minutes he was here. He didn't have to go back until today, he caught a ride with Stephanie.
I get to go to the hospital gala tomorrow night. It's a big fundraiser - companies and businesses pay a lot to buy a table, then there's an auction after the dinner. The Mountaineer bought a table and Glen asked me if I wanted to go. No room for spouses though.
Following Jude's suggestion we (by "we" I mean Geoff) put up the Christmas lights yesterday. Much easier to do before the snow falls. We also (by "we" I mean we) bought some more LED lights. And a new light fixture for the dining room. I love Canadian Tire.

10 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

It was a very good weekend. I got a "hot" car, only 200K on it when I picket it up so brand new, it was a Charger. I also went shopping at Canadian tire with the Ferrey's, and bought myself a new Christmas Tree, 7.5 ft tall, now I cannot wait to decorate. I got some lights and a twig tree as well. I also love Canadian Tire. had a good visit with Jim last week, I drove out to the west end and met him at his hotel, then we jsut walked over to a restaurant, for supper. It was great to see him again, and get caught up on what was happening with him. have decided to go with hardwood for my hall, it is lighter in colour than the parquet, and I think it will look quite nice.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Nice, Judith! But doesn't 'hot' mean stolen? You really shouldn't be stealing cars at this time of your life. Do you want to throw away all your successes for one small thrill?

Who loves Canadian Tire the most? Theresa or Geoff or Judith?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Geoff

4:10 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Canadian Tire gives me a headache, but Richard loves it a lot.
I love the hotdog vendor who has a booth outside. They are delicious Polish sausage.

4:55 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

And Jude, crime doesn't pay.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Just got back from the hospital gala. In the end Geoff got to g, too. It was a lot of fun. If you ever get to go to a function where Danny Hooper is the MC, go. He was so funny. And he got a lot of money out of people at the auction.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I agree it is Geoff. I thought that as I am getting on in years, that this would be the best time to steal, play the "My memory is not what it used to be and I thought this was my car, officer" .
Theresa what did you buy at the auction? I always feel compelled to buy stuff, when there is some kind of an auction. That is why latitude keeps inviting me to schmoozy

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate making sounds like it was fun! Galas are nice- last one we went to for FASD they actually made the tables bid to get into the food line--going just a bit too far for my liking. Happy Birthday to Anne-- your card is still here-maybe you'll get it by Christmas.
ba

5:56 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We ended up with a tool set and a very nice gift basket. There was lots of high bidding for a trip to Mexico, 50" plasma TV, quads, etc., etc. Out of our league, but there was also lots of stuff in our league.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hudith = patron saint of Latitude 53.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home