Saturday, November 17, 2007

anxiety be gone

So, I am finally feeling better about my job and not waking up in the morning with my stomach feeling like it is made of twisted iron. Nice analogy yes?
Anyway, I feel like I have it sort of under control. I know how to do the paperwork end of it, I think, or at least most of it. And have gone through all the files and arranged what needs to be arranged and introduced myself to all the clients.
I realized that some of my anxiety was from the woman who is the team leader. Nice, but has not done this before and seems kind of nervous herself, if you look below the surface. She continues to tell me things that already know, at great length and not be so descriptive on the things that I feel that would be very helpful to me, like what do I do paperwork -wise? Or what do I do for an intake procedure? Some people are not good teachers. It helps me to at least understand what is triggering it, then I can acknowledge it and move on. But when I don't know why, I just have the feeling and it feeds on itself until I can figure it out.
Of course, I have increased my Effexor dose for a few weeks, which is probably starting to slowly kick in now, after a week. And have been practising my deep breathing regularly. And forcing myself to push anxious thoughts away. Well sort of. IN any case am feeling much better.
I don't think I want to do the job any longer than 4 months though and may try to cut it shorter. It is a lot of time spent on the phone and at the desk negotiating things with other care providers. No thanks.
Richard is now sorting through a pile of stuff in the office. I'm going to go read The Kite Runner in the bathtub while drinking a beer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

The Kite Runner is a good book.
I finished Affinity, also a very good book. Thanks Al.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Has any one read the new book by the author of the Kite Runner? I am looking forward to seeing the movie of the Kite Runner as well.

9:39 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I started Affinity, part way through i read the ending, read back from the ending a ways, then couldn't finish it. Too much of a drag. Now I'm reading a book about child being in a coma.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

that sounds like a much more upbeat book.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home