Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I like people who do my dishes

Barb was here on the weekend. It was, of course, very nice to see her. She couldn't come to Feast, but then called Saturday morning to ask if she could stay Saturday night. Of course that wasn't a problem, but we went to Wetaskiwin to visit Bern all day Saturday and then I had a wedding to attend - so the (enormous piles of) dishes from Friday night weren't exactly what you'd call done. Barb was very gracious about it despite the fact that every dish in the house was pretty much dirty...

The wedding was extremely small-town Albertan (by which I mean held in the basement of the Legion, with wood paneling, a steam table full of roast beef and mashed potatoes and those terrifyingly efficient Legion ladies bustling around nicking your plate as soon as you weren't guarding it). (Also the wedding cake was that fruitcake stuff with the stiff white icing that comes off in a sheet on top). (AND they played the Chicken Dance, the Macarena and several polkas!) Had a lot of fun, though. Afterwards, I came home to find every single dish in the house washed. Barb is officially the best houseguest ever. She didn't even get to EAT that meal! (Too bad - in my opinion at least it was great).

3 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

Dinner was awesome! I should stayed to help wash. Instead I exercised my camera. Next time! I promise!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Where is Auntie Travelling Barb off to next?

9:14 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Guess you can see who's the best generation of all-those who do dishes just because they are there

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home