Sunday, May 06, 2007

Anne's Friday Feast

Anne invited me to her house for feast. It was lovely, a little outside my comfort zone since the only people I thought I would know there were Anne and Stef (and that turned out to be the case), and while I like to meet new people, it does take me a while to kind of warm up and talk to people. The food was delicious, I was totally impressed the Anne made gnocchi from scratch, something I would never even think of doing. The attendees were very friendly and made me feel welcome, so that was good too. It is also good to put a face to a name, and see if my imagination is correct, and people look like I think they should. Mostly they do not.

Laura was in town on Thursday night, on her way to the big K. I think the last time I saw her was at Folk Fest, seems like a very long time. We went out for supper with Allison, and got all cought up on the news and events in the Long's world. I did not get up to say good bye on Friday morning, as her flight was leaving at 7:00 am, but did hear the door close at around 5, so knew she had gotten on her way. She will be back on Tuesday, and staying with me again, so that way I will get all the uptodate Kelowna news.

Last week, Geoff was also in town and Anne, Jim Allen from Rocky, Geoff and I all went to the Bua Thai for supper. We each ordered a dish, and shared. It is good to go out with someone new in the crowd, because then you get to try something new, instead of the same old (but delicious) standby's. Jim ordered a dish called Long Song, which tasked like a beef satay, but it was not on a skewer. So all in all last week was busier for me than most, and I got some great meals.

Back at work last week, and it went OK. I felt ready to go back and found that I was feeling much more like my old self. We had rain last week and the grass here is bright greeen, I can see some of the leaves coming out on the trees, and in some of the gardens I can see things coming up and blooming. Spring is on it's way, and it really helps to lift my spirits.

That is all the news from here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Spring at last. The weather was awful here all last week, but we got up on Saturday to sunshine and warmth. You could practically watch the daffodils pop out. The place where I often order spring bulbs wisely sent me a catalogue this week so I have been marking all the things I want to have in the garden next spring.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Did you make the Caesar salad Anne?

4:00 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I did a long posting the other day and it got lost in cyberspace and was so disgusted I quit for a bit. Glad everything is going well for you Jude. That Anne is really full of surprises - I didn't know anyone outside of Italy made gnocci from scratch! Am having a great visit w/Laura - she leaves tomorrow and will miss her. We're off to the Wensinks for supper tonite

1:50 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I did make Caesar salad! It went over very well. thanks for the recipe!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home