Monday, December 04, 2006

Family Ramblings

Family Ramblings
I had the best afternoon yesterday. I sat down in the living room with my knitting and put some Christmas CDs on (five, Allison!) and knitted and watched the snow come down all afternoon. Geoff got up from his nap and made nuts and bolts (from his mom's recipe), he and Grace went skating and I just sat there and knitted. It was so nice. Then they got home and Geoff made supper. After supper Geoff and I went for a long walk in the new snow and after we got home, I had a hot bath for an hour or so. I haven't had a relaxing day like that for years. It was so nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stuffy said...

I want to learn to knit so I can have a day like that, too! Sounds wonderful.

6:03 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well done Theresa!

7:32 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

That sounds like a really lovely day - I remember when I used to long for a day to myself and now have too many of the!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

This is what I intend to do for the time that I am in Kelowna.

Mom, did Lisa tell you that my friend Kirsten's family lives in Vernon, and they've invited us to come and visit and maybe go x-country skiing (sitting in lodge for those who don't want to)? They apparently also like to sing a lot, but I have told Kirsten that Sivaks would approach singing with caution.

We should decide when we are going to NF when I'm home (virtually for you, Judith). This way I can book early in the new year (using aeroplan pts for most of it....)

8:39 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Jude,

Are you planning on coming too?

It will be so much fun!

Who'll drink the most screech? My bet's on Jude.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I would like to come, but not sure where i will be in the new year, so I am only a tentative.
I think that if the Sivaks drank enough screech, then they would be in the mood for singing Christmas Carols with Al's friends.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home