Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday morning you sure look fine

The title is for all those Fleetwood Mac fans out there. I'm listening to Rhiannon right now.

I went jogging this am for the first time in 6 weeks. Now I feel virtuous. Plus finished an article critique yesterday. I still have the essay on relationships to do, and so thought I'd postpone it and post this instead.

Had 2 meetings for our project yesterday. One very positive, where people said fanatastic! Right on! Yes, the community needs info about harm reduction! right on nursing students! You can make a difference! Sure, we all have different ideas, but there can be common ground with different groups in society!

The other, not so much. we heard: why would you take this on? You can't make a difference. If other important people can't make a difference why would you think 4 naive nursing students could? there's no way certain groups would ever listen to you.

Not that I think we're going to enact new legislation, but possibly we could show someone a different perspective. Is that so bad? It is interesting to see how people react to the thought that others would like to become involoved in an issue. There are lots of other agendas.

We're also hopingto make a road trip to Vancouver to see the safe injection site. Sure hope it works out.

Plus I LOVE roadtrips. But what if someone wants to listen to Glass Tiger in the car? Or Yanni? It is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Richard had his hated exam. He felt the one part went well, but thinks he didn't do well on the other. He'll find out next week. despite all this he is enjoying school and I commented that he seemed happier doing this than working, which he agreed with. Yay Richard! He'll be annoyed with this too. Still I am proud of him. By the way, remember my post about how he would be annoyed with my comment about 100%? he was reading it, got to the 100% part, started to say"I wish you wouldn't say stuff like this", then got to the part where I said he'll be annoyed and laughed. After 13 years, though someone can still surprise you, there are an awful lot of things that you know about them.

In other news, we went to see The Black Dahlia. Scarlett Johanssen cannot act. Plot was difficult to figure out, but I still liked it. Some interesting gory'ish parts and was fine for escapism.

It is a beautiful day. Sunny, clear, high of 25, trees starting to change colour.

OK, I should a) wash dishes b) start essay. There are lots of other housework type tasks I could do, but they will have to wait until later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

So Richard probably got 99% on the easy part of the exam and only 96% on the part that didn't go well.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

When are we going to see a post from Richard?

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home