Sunday, October 15, 2006

Safely Back Home

Got back from the Maritimes... to a disgusting rainy grey day. Not that it wasn't grey and rainy over there, but here it's rainy with the necessity of having to work tomorrow. Oh well.

I got on the flight and found to my horror that I was seated next to two super-sized people and their squalling infant. Seriously, the guy was taking up his seat and half of mine. I wanted to put the armrest down but couldn't because part of him was sitting in front of it - and no matter what I did or how far I moved over I was always touching him. Ew.

And then, in a stroke of luck, the cabin crew moved me back to sit with a bunch of (cute) WestJet pilots who had flown the plane out and were now flying back. Apparently they decided to give the Large Family three seats to themselves (probably a good idea - they seemed to have a lot of baby stuff as well). Dodged that bullet!

Grandma got up to say goodbye to me, which was very sweet considering it was 4.45 am. That's the most time I've spent with her since I was about ten and it was great. She is so good to travel with... it was an awesome holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home