Thursday, October 12, 2006

Assessing Where I'm At

So, my first week and a bit on the job has gone well. I am meeting with tons of people, talking to them about what they want me to do. Information is falling into place. I feel like I have some big picture and some clear understanding of what things I do next. Whoa!

We went to see George and Kay the other week when Mom was in town. It was fun and hilarious, as per usual. Predictably, the "shaking Allison" story came up, as did some rude comments about immigrants, and the phrase, "How green was my valley." Mom thought George looked happier & healthier than he did in the summer. We had delicious beef stew and suggested that we should come over and do more tape recording of George & his stories! I like this idea.

My friend Todd is doing a performance [art piece] this Friday & Saturday night -- he is excited but nervous. He is usually so focused on being the organizer of art things, that I think he doesn't do enough art himself. I am excited for him!

Generally: energy up (though occasionally acting like hyperactive little beagle), interest in moving things forward, eating whole grains!

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Al, is this a new position or has someone been doing it? Do you have to figure what it is you are supposed to be doing? The first part of a new job is good, where nobody expects you to know anything and later on it's good when you do actually know something. It's the in-between part I don't like, where you don't know much yet but everyone thinks you do.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home