Thursday, June 23, 2022

A Woman and Her Mai Tai

re-enactment of J. drinking mai tai

 

I didn't take a photo of Judith's inaugural mai tai on night one, so here is a dramatization for you. This was at Maui Brewing, where the beer was incredible. Even the non alcoholic one! (I had sip of J's). I drank a hibiscus saison. 

Before I came to Maui, my friend Louise said it is the most temperate, good-smelling place to go. Turns out, she is right. I have realized that regardless of weather, I'm never a bit too hot or a bit too cold the way that I am always at home. I likely won't move here, since homes average $1.1 million. As Judith observed, when there is a pandemic, the economy tanks. 

They are having their elections here. The news says it's lots of candidates - 6, most of whom were in city government before. Only one candidate is identified as "progressive" on climate change, economic diversification, etc. And I think she's the only woman running? 

Today we are going to go to a botanical garden. We are going in the morning, because if we go to beach in the morning, we stay there the whole day. Yesterday's beach was beautiful with dramatic waves. Lifeguards made announcements about not going into water unless you really know this particular beach. They saved one kid who was in danger of going farther out. It looked like the lifeguard then let the kid enjoy some waves while holding him, but maybe was just waiting for the other guard to come help. Judith took a moment to thank them for their service. 

My hair looks incredible after being in salt water. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Allison's hair really does look great!! It was also very windy on the beach and a big gust lifted our umbrella up and sent it down the beach. A kind person sitting near us leapt to his feet and chased it and then caught it and returned it to Allison who was also chasing it down the beach.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home