Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Just a Cold

At least that was what I thought. I caught it when the boys were staying. But I went to the Dr. here in Kelowna yesterday, since it did not seem to be getting any better, and I did not want to give Mom or the Wensinks anything. She said I have sinusitis, laryngitis and some other kind of itis, prescribed antibiotics, which I hope kick in soon. I am not being much of a house guest, all I want to do is sleep.

Lori and Ford's wedding was great, so nice to see the Robins cousins, and all their offspring. The venue was perfect, the ceremony outside in a gazebo and the meal and dance inside the convention center. We sat at a table with Al Wolf, his new wife and his daughter Linda and a friend of hers. Very nice people. Ramona and the twins came to the ceremony and Uncle Fred performed the marriage ceremony. I can see why he is booked up to 2018 with weddings. Deb was the matron of honour and Jessica the bridesmaid, Cam walked his Mom down the aisle and Ford's brother Dave was the best man, Cam's kids were ring bearers and flowergirl, with Ford's daughter Steph manning the guest signing.  Very much a family affair. At the tables, each person who was sitting at the table was given a little biography, and you had to guess who it was. It was so much fun. Cal's wife Anita has had a re-occurrence of her breast cancer, and they were not sure she was going to make it to the wedding, but she did. Cal said she has 4 more bouts of chemo, then a mastectomy and then radiation to get through. Sure hope everything goes OK for her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Sure looked like a fun wedding. Hope you feel better soon.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home