Sunday, November 22, 2015

More moving

Sam moved to a new apartment this weekend so we went up on Friday night to help on Saturday. He does not have much stuff so since Grace and Dallyn helped it only took two loads. It's a small bachelor apartmeant so it's a good thing he lives spartanly. We had a little scare when Sam lost the key to the new place but it got found so he took us all out for lunch and that was it. Geoff and I went shopping for a bit but it seems that I can't shop any more. I just don't enjoy it. Saturday afternoon in the city isn't the optimum time to shop anyway, but I could see nothing that I even felt temptd to buy. Well I did find a couple of pairs of pants.
After the stress of moving Tim had another anxious week as Transcanada announced there would be layoffs. He ended up ok but two guys were terminated. It's a terrible experience to go through. It happened to Geoff a couple of times over the years. You obviously feel bad if you lose your job but seeing someone you have worked with go is not a good feeling either.
Just got back from our first meal at Tim and Courtney's place. They are pretty settled in there and are happy with their move. We walked over, takes much longer now.
Will arrives tomorrow for a week. He gets a study week every year so he is going to do his reading in Rocky. It has been a long time since he's been here. Tim's wedding was the last time, I guess.
I have a cold that seems to be hanging on. I dragged myself through last week, there was something going on every day and all I wanted was to spend a whole day in bed.
Work is going fine, it has all come back to me now. Still I will be glad to have all week at home.
Talked to Anne today. They sound happy in their new home. That's three kids moving in a couple of months. And here we are in the same place for 35 years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Going to costco onfriday afternoon is not advisable either.

5:08 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I told you that you guys are stick in the muds,,, anyway thats a lot of moves in one family forsucha short time.......is tim and courts zddress the same....also would like sams new address. Things are fine herr - we have abit ofs now andits colder than normal so not melting. Not long to xmas..we are expecting AL and Jim which is nice.
I am feeling much better now andhave gained 7 lbs from my àbsolute low

1:09 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Glad to hear that Grandma! Our mailing address has not changed, I renewed our post office box for another year.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home