Thursday, November 05, 2015

Home!

I'm back home after a very restful holiday!  I got back to the Island yesterday, but  had a meeting in Victoria today, so  I stayed over with Jeff and Kirsten.  Travelling back went OK - the first flight, which was from Halifax to Toronto was super delayed because of fog in Halifax.  There was a flight from New Brunswick that couldn't land, and had to go and refuel and try again, and that took a long time.  Then Westjet cancelled the Toronto- Edmonton portion of the flight, so I had to get all new flights.  It worked out OK, I got in a little over an hour later than originally planned.  The worst part was that I had arranged for exit row on every flight, and only got it on once.   On my last flight, from Vancouver to Victoria, the founder of Westjet was on the plane!  He got up and talked on the mic for a minute, thanking us for flying Westjet.  He seemed nice.  

My time in Halifax was really great.  I didn't do much, which is the perfect holiday.  Allie just started her new job, so she was quite busy with that, and I would spend my days reading and sleeping and sometimes meeting her for lunch.  She has to travel around to different churches sometimes, so I got to tag along for that, and see a bit of the province.  Nova Scotia is really beautiful - especially with the trees all changing colour.

The woman who was house, cat and church sitting for me re-arranged everything - or quite a lot anyway.  I don't know if this is normal for house sitters, but  I'm a bit annoyed.  I like my mess.  She did a good job filling in at the church - she has experience in maritime disasters, so she was the right person to fill in for me. It was tough not being here when everything was happening, and I'm looking forward to connecting with people tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What things did she rearrange?
I don't think it is normal to do this.
I can say with confidence that our recent cat and house sitter was superb and also did not move our stuff around

6:56 PM  
Blogger Will said...

She rearranged the pantry, the linen closet, a kitchen cupboard, and the kitchen drawers.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am always available to house/cat sit so keep me in mind blog readers.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home