Monday, September 07, 2015

Home is where I want to be

I had a great time on the cruise and visiting in Tofino, but I am very happy to be at home for awhile. I had a call from Kay while I was in Kelowna to say that I was not needed at the store after all. One of the ladies decided she did not want to work for the election. I was both happy and a little disappointed. Happy because I can stay home without rushing off to Edmonton, disappointed because I was looking forward to catching up with Edmonton folk. 

Spent two nights in Kelowna after dropping Anne and Del off at the airport in Vancouver. When we got there, it was to a roast supper made by Mom! Her first big meal since she went into the hospital in June. The next day Theresa took her to the doctor's, to get the prescription and details of taking warfarin. It is kind of complicated, blood tests every day for two weeks, and a phone call every day to tell her what dose to take. At the end of two weeks, blood tests are every two weeks, though home care (or something like that) will come to Mom's to do the test once it is only every two weeks.

The trip to the hot springs near Tofino was very good. We saw more Orcas, about five of them in the pod. Will and I saw Orcas last year while I was in Tofino, so I thought they were pretty common there, but he told me it was unusual to see them, so I feel lucky to have seen them two years in a row.

Last night I had supper over at Tim and Court's, T&G had something else going on. Had a nice visit. They are busy getting the house clean and tidy for the realtors viewing tomorrow. Grady is such a funny guy, at one point he decided he was tired, so came into the kitchen to ask for his three Bs, blanket, bottle, bed. Most small children I have know, fight to stay up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

There is no place like home.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home