Thursday, August 27, 2015

Am home

Drive home went fine, though we were all tired. The shuttle did not show up, Laura called, went to voice mail, Mom looked like she would collapse, so we took a cab. However, the hotel paid for cab ride! we were supposed to be picked up at 1030, shuttle company called at 1 pm, and left message saying it wasn't their fault as ship came in early. then I guess they shoulda told us they would pick us up early, shouldn't they? Anyway, we were happy to get home (at least Mom and me, Laura still en route home), and sleep in own bed!
Mom and I still have cold-sneezle. But mine, just head cold.
Had such a great time on cruise! sent in my review and commended our crew.
So smoky here from fires in washington. Today was better,but last night, couldn't see mountains. And there is new fire on mountain near us and I can see big plume of smoke. When I saw it, I thought, my cruise with 78 gallons/mile, adds to global warming. sigh.
Though I did look up working conditions for Holland America, and it seems that they treat people well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

BuT that 78 gallons were moving a lot of people at once.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Like!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home