Thursday, August 06, 2015

Chicago day 4

I felt like I'd rather stay in the hotel room. But did book a ticket for the ball game despite my first inclination .
I knew if it was booked I'd force myself to go.
Why is it that though I like traveling, I have to make myself do stuff as when I get somewhere I think, I could just watch tv, get room service, and not bother with the fuss of doing things.
Last night I went out for Chicago hot dog and walked around downtown.
At hot dog place one woman got really crabby at another woman and said in an irritated tone, 'l am off at 9 and if you'd just do your job I wouldn't need to tell you what to do' I smiled sympathetically and felt relieved she was not mad at me.
I am going to do architecture tour tomorrow, what company did you guys use Theresa?
Switched hotels as did hotwire for $100/night cheaper. Same loop area. Slightly less nice hotel but still pretty good. I don't look over Marshall Fields either.
Review was ok but I felt like I questioned things too much and annoyed others. Truly I don't think switching to this exam is good as compared to Canadian one. Has a big focus on medical issues but not on things important to me as a nurse. Like social justice, questioning taken for granted practice, cultural safety, and holistic patient care. It's really biomedical. Though those who are inclined to physiological stuff might like it. It does make me wonder thought if Americans hiring like Canadian nurses so much, maybe there is something right about our focus.
Dress was business casual and 1 guy wore some kind of gym/casual pants that had elasticized cuffs? With a sportsjacket and dress shirt? Are the cuffs the casual part? I was interested in his mindset.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

We took the tour put on by the architects.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I wonder if the for-profit system in the US maybe makes a less cultural safety / social justice / holistic approach less likely? In Canada there is something about providing health care to everyone that means cultural safety is something more necessary, since you know you are going to meet people from very different backgrounds (culturally as well as financially). It will be interesting to see if it changes in USA due to their new medical coverage.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home