Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Home again again

Jude and I are back after a week in the sunny and extremely hot Okanagan. I really don't know if I could live there. The idea of spending the summer inside goes against everything I stand for.
We both felt that Mom is on the mend, right, Mom? The visits to the doctors were encouraging. We found out that it is normal to take a few weeks to recover from two surgeries. Mom was feeling more like eating and getting out a bit by the time we left.
And of course it was good to visit with LandR.
Usually when we are in Kelowna Geoff does the driving so I don't know my way around very well, but I have a better idea where things are now.
We Facetimed with the booboos a couple of times. It is heartwarming to talk to people who are so glad to see you. Even when Grady grabbed the phone and ran around the house with it while talking, making me dizzy.
And I missed my yard. I was so happy to be reunited with it. This is the best year for the garden and flowers I can remember, everything is so lush and healthy. 

4 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Mom continues to improve-she is taking on a few more things and is looking forward to seeing Allison.

Thank you Jude and Theresa for all your help.

And thank you Laura for week before.

Richard and I also want to send big shout out to everyone for helping Mom, Richard and I!

7:28 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

L is here now ...nice.
I love my family...they have been a wonderful support thru allthis snd I am thankful.
Recon i will be ok for cruising in less thsn a month)

10:54 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Half my comment disappeared.....oh well

10:55 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I am getting excited about the cruise. It is not long now.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home