Saturday, February 07, 2015

January Blues


It was a great weekend very relaxed not much running around.

January was feeling extremely long, so last weekend we decided to go to Edmonton for a mini holiday.  Wilf took Thursday and Friday and the weekend off, me too.  The roads were clear and dry and we got to Edmonton in time to make me and the wool shop happy.  They have such amazing wool at River City  yarns.  I now have 3 projects to get me through the worst of the winter.

that night we went to Jubliations dinner theatre, the food is always  good and singing was great, plot a bit thin but who cares.  We sat with a couple of couples who had never been,they were not sure what to expect but enjoyed it and  said they would be back.

The next day we took the train to southgate and did some shopping then met Henry and Ally at the Shamrock curling rink to watch Henry curl, that was a lot of fun and we must have brought his team luck because they came closer to winning than they have this year!  I did enjoy sitting up and over looking the ice, listening to folks yelling just like they do on tv.

Afterwards we went to the Asian Village for supper, never been there before. The food was great.  When we got in the door there were bagpipes playing and the guy said they were having a Robbie Burns celebration.  Once we had eaten the waitress brought Ally and  I scarfs, they said straight from India and would be warm, we sure needed, it was very cold.  As we were leaving the guy at the door gave us each some haggis, he said Indian Haggis you will love it.  I was the only one to actually eat it, haggis with Indian spices =edible.

Henry had saturday and sunday off so we spent saturday with them.  We went to the burg, for wonderful hamburgers, so good I recommend them.  It is downtown on 104 st and 101 ave.  We checked out the Indiana Jones exhibit, then Raiders at the Imax, both very enjoyable.  Said goodby to Henry and Ally and got up on Sunday and headed out home.

I almost forgot, i stopped in at the Cameron Library on Friday to say hi Allison but you were home sick, the fellow said, so missed you.

I am still at Encana, the last I heard until end of March, nice group of folks, most of ghem anyways.  They are very good to me, the boss said if I wanted to stay it would be great. I think temping is still tempting though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

temping / tempting. hahahah.

Yes, my colleague said a blonde sister had stopped by! But I guess white = blonde? :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Sou d's like a fun , mi I Ho, I day as you can see this pad is still 15th to b day , cheer, OMG

12:41 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

mom, thank you!

2:52 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Also, January can be such a long month-it needs to have enjoyment built into it.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Glad you caught that Allison. That is the first time I have been a blonde. Mom you slay me. OMG.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Sounds like a very satisfying weekend.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home