Monday, December 15, 2014

The End of the Trip

I have been home for a week now, and thought I would update everyone on the last couple of weeks of being away.

I continued to enjoy being in San Diego, I really like the city.  One day I went downtown, and found an outdoor skating rink, it had a big Christmas tree, and a place to rent skates.  There were some people skating, although most of them looked like they were fairly new skaters.  I also went ack to the San Diego City museum to see the Dr. Seuss exhibit.  It was interesting, he moved from New York to La Jolla, and was very active in the arts in San Diego.  In addition to his kids books, he also had some interesting art for grown ups.  On American Thanksgiving I went out to the  beach  at Coronado.  There were quite a few families there also enjoying the beach.  My trip back to Canada was fine, and Grace and Dallyn picked up at the airport which was so nice, it feels like a real treat to have someone meet you at the airport.

On November 30, the S&B group got together for our Christmas outing, we went to the Arden Theater in St Albert and saw "A Christmas Story", not the one about Mary and Joseph, but about Ralphie and the BB gun, very funny.  After we had supper at a nearby Cajun Restaurant.

I was then off to Medicine Hat.  The shuttle was late leaving Calgary because of all the snow in Calgary, but the highways were clear, so that was good.  I managed to arrive in time for supper with Ramona, A&E, F&C, Rhonda and Hannah.  that was the only night I saw Rhonda as she left the next day to fly to Nova Scotia to join John, his father was not doing well, and he passed away the day Rhonda got there.  Uncle Fred and I did a tour around the Hat, and then went back to his place and continued visiting.  One night we all went to the Pantomime at the MH Musical Theatre, A&E were fascinated by it.  I also had an afternoon with Christine, lunch and shopping, which was a lot of fun.  The rest of the time was spend hanging out with Ramona and the girls.

I caught the shuttle back to the Calgary Airport and then caught the Red Arrow back to Edmonton.  T&G picked me up there and we went out for supper, Vietnamese, yumm.  On Sunday morning we met Allison at the Italian coffee shop, for some lunch and a visit.  Then over to G&K for a quick visit.  We went to see Stuart MacLean at the Jube, Sam and Nancy were going to join us, but only Sam could come Nancy had her wisdom teeth out and was not feeling very well yet.  We drove home after the concert, and got to Rocky around 8.  The road from Red Deer to Rocky was slow going because there was fog off and on, but Theresa got us home safely.

Last week was pretty quiet until Thursday night, the boys came for the weekend and they are very busy guys.  Tim and Court went to the Prairie Creek Inn for the weekend.  Last night was Tim's birthday supper, I find it hard to believe he is 30 now.

I am feeling kind of crappy today, sore throat, congestion, achy, so think it is a pajama day with a lot of naps thrown in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Hope you are feeling better

5:28 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Ditto!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home