Thursday, November 20, 2014

San Diego Week 3

I feel as though I could easily stay two months and still have things to see.  The other day I went to Old Town Sate Park, it is like Fort Edmonton, except most of the buildings are from the same time period.  the people who work in the stores are in period costumes, and some of the buildings have been relocated from other parts of San Diego, some have been constructed on site.  There was a lot of information about Mexicans who settled there.  Quite interesting.  I also went to the Museum of San Diego, their exhibits had a lot about the military, since there is a huge Naval Base here.  Starting on Saturday there is a new exhibit all about Dr. Suess, he was from here, I think I will go back and see that.  I also took a trip to La Jolla, very chichi place.  The high end car dealers are located there, Ferrari, Maserati, Rolls Royce. 

There does seem to be a lot of homeless people in San Diego, under the overpasses of the freeways, are people who have set up camp there, with shopping carts and tarps.  I have seen a lot of cars packed to the brim, with stuff. 

I am always surprised at the stuff that people will tell strangers, I was waiting for the train the other day and this woman sat beside me, and started telling me all about her problems in trying to find a job.  she had just been on an interview that had not gone well, "No one wants to hire old people", she looked to be about my age.  It was sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is sad. I think almost everywhere in the US was hit so hard by the economic downturn, and in Canada it was less drastic.

12:07 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

A pretty stark contrast between the haves and have nots and sad to be out 0f hope in ones fifties.
On the other hand it sounds like a wonderfull place to visit

3:50 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I hope she gets a job at a place that appreciates her.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home