Sunday, June 01, 2014

sitting on the deck

Drinking a beer. It's 27 right now. Did some weeding at Jones today, then went for brunch with Marja and a couple other people as Marja was going through town. Did another revision on the proposal. Apparently it is almost done.
I hate this process.  Hate it. Am not doing another degree after this one. Unless someone pays me to do it and that is highly unlikely.
Mom has had us over for supper every night since Jude's been here. Which is nice because all week I felt worn out. We are having them over here tonight. But instead of cooking, we cleaned the house and are getting take out. There is only so much time in the day.and having a clean house makes me feel so much better.
Watching the Mom bird on the deck, the baby birds are chirping. Yesterday, before we went to the farmer's market, I was sitting on the deck, reading the paper (my favorite summer thing to do) and I saw a bushy tail go by me, and thought, oh Nick's out. But it was the black squirrel.
Later as I was writing, it climbed by the front window. The cats got quite excited about that.
Richard is about to start painting the kitchen cupboards from Jones. He brought the doors here,the rest of them are done. He put down all this plastic in the garage, for the dust. But now our garage looks like Dexter lives here, especially since the doors were red and now there is red on the plastic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Lisa cooked tonight, it was very tasty.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home