Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter!

I'm having a great time with Lisa and Grandma!  The weather hasn't really cooperated, but this is Tofino, and we don't expect it to cooperate.  Lisa already said all the interesting parts about their visit, but I wanted to post a couple pictures of the church as it looked this morning.

We had a wedding this afternoon - booked long before I started here.  The florists asked if they could do a little decoration before the service, since there wasn't much time between the service and the wedding.  Seeing a chance for a nice looking church for free, I agreed.

There's a picture of the church for the service - for the wedding, there were trees and ferns and flowers down the aisle, creating a 'enchanted rainforest' as the mother of the bride described it to me.  I also included a picture of the couple and me. You can get a sense of the rainforest theme - that was the arch of cherry trees they stood under for the wedding.

There were six cherry blossom trees, four green trees, sixty ferns and innumerable flowers.  The morning service and the wedding went well, and I'm glad they're over. On to cabbage rolls!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Wow, looks great. We had cabbage rolls too!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I didn't even think of making cabbage rolls.

6:24 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Thanks for your great hospitality Will - had a really nice time with you - in spite of the rain - the greeness and flowers made up for it! It is 40 yrs since had been on the west side of the island - do you remember Laura - Dad,me and a carload of kids!I

9:18 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I do rember vety cleatly, it was dodgy and we camped on the beach. It was very neat, I seem to remember there was no rain.

About cabbage rolls it doesn't seem like a celebration without them, but I always make too many. This time I froze them in small enough amounts that I can take them for lunch. Yeah

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home