Friday, May 09, 2014

Sick day

I have a torn rotator cuff in one shoulder, which flared up on the weekend when we were in Edmonton. Went to the walk-in clinic Monday night and was so relieved that the doctor knew right away what all the pain was about. I'm supposed to be resting it. He said to immediately stop doing anything that causes it to hurt or it may never heal. So I should have stayed home from work all week because I was in pain all the time. But someone was on holidays and it was month end, so I just went. But the holiday person is back today and month end is done, so I am taking a day (and the weekend) to rest the shoulder. It is feeling better.

Jude and I had a good visit in Edmonton on the weekend, got to see Laura and Allison plus Grace, Dallyn and Nancy (no Sam). Geoff and Tim went to Tim's stag in Windermere all weekend. Courtney's stagette is at her place tonight so Tim and the boys are coming over for a sleepover. Two more weeks till wedding day! The weather has got to start getting better now. It snowed last weekend; when I got home from the city there was snow on the ground. Surely that's the last of it.

Geoff is back at work, looks like it will be three days a week. So far it's going all right. His schedule is flexible so he can make sure he has 10% Tuesdays off, etc.


7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

And saw Henry, must not forget him.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I was just about to say Henry too! I was great to see everyone I enjoyed it. Look after yourself rest and eat bonbons, Theresa.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I was just about to say Henry too! It was great to see everyone I enjoyed it. Worth the drive for sure. Look after yourself rest and eat bonbons, Theresa.

2:42 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

So, what you're saying is that I should leave the snow tires on?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Well, it might be snowy in the mountains.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

And what are you doing with snow tires? For your total of 2 cm for the winter.

4:34 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, we have hills unlike Alberta. those 2 cm are pretty slippery on an incline

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home