Thursday, April 24, 2014

Speaking of Jim's birthday ...

I have a confession to make and apologies to give everyone. Remember Jim's 50th birthday four years ago? How we got together to make him a quilt? And how I was supposed to finish it up and get it off for quilting? All I had to do was put the borders on. Well, I just didn't do it. I can't explain why, there is no reason except I suppose I was just too lazy. Anyway, I finally did it last fall. It took no time at all to gett the borders on. Took it in to get quilted (the lady who does it couldn't get to it until after Christmas). Anyway, I got it back, finished the binding and sent it to Jim this week. So, I am very sorry everyone for taking so long to get this done. Jim's 54th birthday quilt.
If we are going to do that for Lisa and Allison, we should maybe start now.
I don't know if Jim checks the blog, but I did enclose an abject letter of apology with the quilt.
Here is how it turned out. No doubt you have all forgotten by now what it looks like.

8 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

A lovely quilt - in my opinion well worth waiting for! Do not think he is plugged into the blog but do know he
will love his quilt/

9:21 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Just like I remembered it with a border. My guess is Jim does not remember that it is something we do for 50ths.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We did a pretty great job!

Agree with Mom and Laura. Also, Jim likes to wait a long time before he pays you money he owes you. This is what happens.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S.: thank you for taking on the responsibility of always doing this, Theresa! No apologies necessary. You are doing something that none of rest of us are doing.

11:43 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

right on Allison - thanks Theresa

4:36 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Theresa has now trained me in putting on the binding for quilts, just wanted to point out my small contribution in getting Jim's quilt finished.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

you keep the business processes running smoothly, Judith.

8:44 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I think it looks great and appreciate the time and work in getting it done. I am pretty sure Jim won't care if it is for his 54th

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home