Thursday, April 24, 2014

Home Again

I had a good little vacation, the week in Edmonton was fun.  I stayed a couple of days with Allison and Natasha and Magda.  Went to the Citadel and saw Mary Poppins, which was really good.  After seeing Saving Mr. Banks I found that the stage play was closer to what PL Travers might have wanted then the movie.  Bert had a way better accent than Dick Van Dyck.  Nancy Sivak's friend played Mr. Banks.  I met Grace and Dallyn, Sam and Nancy for supper on Thursday night, Thai food, it was so good and a very good visit with everyone.

Friday morning I set off for Medicine Hat, took the Red Arrow to the Calgary Airport, and picked up a rental car there.  I was happy to take the bus to Calgary, as it was snowing to beat the band in Edmonton, and the highways were slick.  Got to the Hat around 6, and most of the family were at Ramona's.  I could not believe how much Annalise and Evangeline have grown, they are so cute walking around and chattering.  Everyone in the MH Robins clan seem to be doing well.  The weather was gorgeous, in the double digits, so we spend some time outside playing in the yard over the weekend.  Lots of things to do, making cookies, Easter Egg hunt, church on Sunday and just generally hanging out.  I introduced the girls to Clumsy Ninja and they seemed to enjoy it.  On Monday Ramona went into work for a little while so I was left in charge of A&E.  There was not any drama when they got up from their naps and their Mom was not there, which made me happy.  Came back to Rocky on Tuesday, and Theresa picked me up from the Petrocan and we stopped to see Tim, Court and the boys.  Grady seemed happy to see me, and Kane did not say he was scared of me, so I guess they both missed me!!

Yesterday Kane and I went to the park, played Hide and Seek, Dinosaurs and Tag.  We took the long way home through the back alleys, and jumped in many mud puddles along the way.  I felt pretty tired when I got home, and had to have a nap.
 Evangeline is ready to bake with Aunty Rhonda.
 Annalise in her Easter coat.
On the steps of Ramona's house.


3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Judith you take a good picture!

2:55 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Nice pictures Judith - seems you also had a fine Easter weekend

9:26 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Thanks!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home