Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend Annoyances

While using computer on Sat, got a message saying hard drive was failing and to back up immediately. I knew we needed a new laptop, so it was confirmed. Bought a new laptop from London drugs and then spent time having to transfer and get new computer organized. Which seems to take a lot of time. Luckily, got all our documents etc over to new one. Windows 8.1 is ok, I still have not perfected using the mouse with it, resulting in many times of switching between windows that are not intended.

Then went downstairs and noticed another leak-sob. Plumber came in today, leak was 6 inches from last one, so another claim, another $1000 deductible. We will be replacing the length of copper pipe to prevent another leak in another 6 months. Sigh.

My manager is away from work right now until end of Jan, so she asked me to cover some things while is away. I miss having her around, but things are going fine there. She just helps keep me sane.

Tenant gave notice-so we have to find another one. He did clean, but it needs more-we'll see how that goes.

So, I am looking forward to vacation!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Needing a new computer and a plumbing leak sound like large annoyances to me. We got a new laptop too and I am having a hard time with Windows 8.

8:16 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

At one point today I thought I was going to cry-had to get some school stuff done too-I thought, I just want a nap. It seems to have passed though.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Hang in there, less than a month to go

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home