Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Progressive!

Got my new glasses today-adjusting to them has been really easy! The optician guy said that my eyes are perfect for progressives, something about not having much astigmatism and combo of nearsightedness and reading distance? he was quite excited when I was able to see well with no issue!
as was I!

I heard back about my article and I will be published soon. Not to worry, I will post link for everyone to read (being journal of ethics in mental health, it is free on line access). I shrieked with delight when I got the email. I will be google scholaring myself as soon as I think it might show up. I'd love to casually leave it on the table at work, but I suspect that is a bit too much.

Am almost finished essay for this course-6000 words, 25 pages. I thought to myself, 'OK, I just need to do that 3 more times in year and then thesis would be done-right? I am a little worried about it as it is pretty vague in terms of what I should be doing with it. Though I sent the analysis to my editor, A Sivak, who is pretty awesome at helping me.

Trauma Informed Practice thingie in Kamloops was good-I will be doing something with this in  Kelowna. I'd like to go a little more in depth with it, then they did though. Like looking at taken for granted practices.

Kamloops itself, I like. Nice downtown. Living there, it seems that many people live in outskirts. Though this is not dissimilar to Kelowna. I prefer to live centrally.

Am very unprepared for Christmas, but I think this is also because retailers keep pushing having people shop earlier and earlier to spend more money. Now if things aren't done by Dec 1, for some reason we feel that we are behind. That being said, when needing to mail things, being done earlier  is better. I try not to think of that.

Was sick for a couple days this week, did not go into work. I got a flu shot, but I have the weird idea that it was a modified flu bug that didn't progress to real flu because I got the shot. Much heated stuff about people having to get the shot-working in health care. When people ask me if I get the shot, I tell the tale of giving the flu to Mom who was recovering from cancer and then she developed pneumonia. I am certainly not in favour, nor do I trust big pharma, but I do trust public health departments, who say health care workers should get the shot. There are much worse things out there than vaccines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home