Saturday, October 19, 2013

Home

We got home Thanksgiving Monday. 2 turkey dinners!
Trip was good-went to St Jacob's-which is a little Mennonite town. They are old school-horse and buggy, wearing black ones.
We didn't buy anything, but enjoyed looking around. Same day we went to Hagersville (what kind of town name is that?) where Nathan and Janelle live. Cute place, just 1/2 hour from Hamilton.
The Niagara peninsula is really beautiful. So many old places, rolling hills, green, green, green.
Also went for a canoe paddle, out for some dinners, on a hike to waterfall, and visited lots. It was a successful visit.
I was happy to get home though, having been gone for just over 2 weeks.
Jude picked us up from airport, which was nice! I am sad I didn't get to see her more, as the next day I had my BCSS course that I am teaching, and day after had dentist appt.
Nick has been Bad since we got home. Peed outside litterbox x2, and peed on clean laundry I had sitting waiting to get next load from dryer. He is remorseless. I have not told Richard about the peeing on laundry.
Jude kindly cut our grass while we were gone. we need to start cleaning up the yard though.
Work has been busy since my return. Spent 2 days teaching full days, and also day mostly spent with patient in labour and delivery. Who would think working in mental health would lead to these types of things?
Weather is lovely fall day. I went out jogging. I ran in Chicago once, and didn't in Ontario-though we went for fairly significant hike.
I need to review some articles for my study-I meet with advisors on Wednesday.
May I recommend a book? The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman. Absolutely great! Any other health care professionals out there reading this, I think it is necessary reading for working with people. I got it from library, but am going to buy it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

I am happy you are jogging. What was in black

11:18 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

oops, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that.
They wear black clothes.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home