Monday, September 30, 2013

Road Trips in Alberta

Home again after spending time in Medicine Hat and Rocky.  I picked up the car on Sunday morning, a little Fiat 500, very cute and good on gas.  As I was approaching Red Deer, I thought hey I could just swing by Rocky, have lunch with Theresa and Geoff, and then pop by and say hi to Tim, Court and the boys, so that is what I did.  Everyone was pretty surprised to see me, and it was a nice little break in the drive.  After some of Geoff's famous waffles, and a quick hello to Tim and Court, back on the road.  I got to the Hat around 6:30 just in time for supper with all the family.  Annalise and Evangeline have really grown, and are becoming more and more different from each other , so much fun to see the changes.  I went with Ramona to the Library for the story time, though there were no stories but lots of action songs.  I helped a bit with the big cook at Ramona's with Rhonda and Leila.  Spent the first while playing, I mean watching the girls and then when Ramona took them up to feed them and for their nap, I pitched in with the cooking and dishes.  The house smelled so good, all those different flavours.  Christine took a couple of days off while I was there and we had some good visits.  Mostly we hung around Ramona's, the weather started to get a little colder.  I came back to Edmonton on Thursday, worked on Friday and to Rocky on Saturday.  Geoff made some borscht for lunch, and Kane and Grady were visiting so lots going on there.  Court was in Clive and Tim at work so we had the boys all to ourselves.  Tim came over after work and we all had supper together and then watched Geoff and Kane race around the house.  Sunday Court came over to visit with the boys, Tim came after work they stayed for supper.  Lots of time spent with family in the last week, very satisfying.  And some pics from the visits.




3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

All babies all the time!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how beautiful your family is! visit me, only good food ;)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's hard to get too much baby.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home