Monday, October 07, 2013

Golden Horseshoe

Is where I am-Niagara region.
Sitting in coffeeshop, need to do some reading for school-sigh. So thought I'd procrastinate and write on the blog!
Allison and I enjoyed Chicago-thank heavens she came along, I needed debriefing after spending time with nurses-3 of panel were fine, the other 3 I did not particularly appreciate. The experience itself was interesting though, and I realize that though bedside care may be the same (skills etc) that Canadian nurses have a different approach philosophy-wise, and in terms of how they approach nursing-advocacy, social determinants of health all that kind of important stuff. especially when looking at mental health, you can't just consider the acute reason someone was admitted-you need to look at how are their social circumstances going to affect recovery? What will they need when they go home to prevent another admission? I think perhaps our programs look at thing maybe more in the context of their life?
Also, apparently I have a string Canadian accent? Stronger than the woman from Nova Scotia? I did some research on what my accent is, but still can't figure out how I sound different.
Al and I took cab together to get to airport. I got into Toronto a bit late, Dorothy and Diane were picking me up, but there was accident at airport, so it took a little while.
Saturday we went to bill and Kathy's, then to their church for a dinner-fundraising.
yesterday we went to Janet and Scott's for a delicious lunch.
Today I have some reading, and we are visiting Gerry and Dorothy-well Richard is there now, I will be picked up soon.
we have already played 3 games of Parcheesi.
Weather here is warm-but cooling down-windy today and a lot cooler.
OK, better read about research methodology!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home