Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Devil and the White City

Hotel Burnham is named after the architect for the Chicago World's Fair-who knew?

We went to really good Mexican place tonight-recommended by Jean-Luc our concierge.

Went to Nordstrom's Rack, where I saw some nice cashmere sweaters, but it is 26 degrees here, so I do not feel compelled to buy one. I was there a little bit and then came back to hotel, thinking Allison would have already been back here, but she must still be looking at sneakers?

Exam review is going well-but I told Allison that I feel like I say things and people look at me like I'm a weirdo. As in west coast hippy weirdo. I cannot help it.

In Chicago, instead of asked, people say axed.

It is a good place to walk around. It seems more spacious than New York and not as crowded. less frenzied. Plus I got a super excellent picture of the Chicago river and buildings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Rain and a high of three today, I might like a new sweater.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home