Saturday, August 17, 2013

Free money!

I won the 50/50 staff payroll lottery draw this week! Enough for RW and I to go on a vacation! Or something! We started a list of things-I of course, lean towards vacation. Sure made my day Friday.
Earlier in the week a woman donated a sizable chunk of money to our unit which was terrific.
Good news for mental health this week!
If I was smart, I'd pull myself out of the 50/50 draw, while I'm ahead, but would feel badly. It goes towards the hospital foundation, which helped fund stuff on our new unit. So, I'll stay in it.

Mom and I went to Farmer's market today-I bought a watermelon and soap. Judging by the prices, farmers couldn't afford to shop there.

Plus I  cleaned the house-except vacuuming-which I leave for Ricardo.

I was looking up quote of the day on Friday for putting up on the white board for patients and while reading it, answered the phone, ' Lisa speaking, feel better'. I laughed for quite a while about it, in part because it actually was appropriate.

Chatted with Gerry and Dorothy this week-all seems good there. she had some chest pain and went to hospital, but all was fine. Cardiologist says she is in excellent shape. We'll go to Ontario in the fall, October likely.

Now I must go read the Saturday Globe and Mail, and nap afterwards.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

That must have been a very healthy 50-50! Take me.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Was there any discussion about sharing your windfall with siblings?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Do you read the Globe and Mail online?

4:14 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Was a healthy 50/50! Yay!

Nope, we get Globe delivered every Sat. I <3 it

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home