Thursday, August 08, 2013

Folk fest and gall bladders

No folkfest for Laura.  I am sad that I cannot go but there is always next year.  On Tuesday Morning at about 5:30 I was having lots of pain from my gall bladder and so went to the ER.  Doc there said he would admit me for surgery.  Gave me morphine  and no pain left.  (can't say I like the feeling of morphine but it took the pain away). The OR in GP was running 24 hours a day because of how busy the weekend was here, lots of quad accidents and car accidents.  So sat in hospital bed all day, no surgery, Wednesday I was on the list but the surgeon said it was unlikely I would get in.  So he gave me drugs and sent me home with a surgery date of August 20.  As the result of all this drama I made the difficult decision not to go to FF feeling that if I had an attack while driving it would not be good.  Sniff.  Hope you all enjoy the weekend and sing Four Strong Winds for me. 

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I was looking forward to our weekend together but it's good that you have a surgery date. Those dang quad people, always clogging up emergency, it happens here every long weekend too.
Since you don't like the feeling of morphine I guess there's no chance of you becoming addicted.

This year will be the smallest tarp ever.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I agree - quads seem to be a contributor to health care issues in this province!

I wish you were coming (I guess not that I would get to see you, but sorry you don't get to enjoy it). At least you will not need to see Bruce Cockburn.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I will miss you all and was really looking forward to the weekend. However you found the one bright spot Allison. Thanks

3:58 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I hope you are better soon Laura! What kind of drugs did they give you? Will I need to do an intervention?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

they gave me T3's and anti spasmotics. I think I will be ok without the intervention, don't like taking pills

6:03 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Anti spasmotics, does that make a person more coordinated? If so I might like some.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

hasn't worked for my so far, but I will keep you posted. haha

11:43 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

snick

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home