Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bike lost, bike bought

We had a break-in last week. Long story, but we suspect it was a former renter who got kicked out and who secretly made a copy of the key set. So we got the locks changed on Sunday night (when I found that the break-in had happened) and I feel reasonably safe. But Todd's and my bikes got stolen. boooooooo. I looked into insurance, but my deductible is $1000, which is more than I'd spend to replace it. The police know, and have the bike serial number, but I don't feel optimistic.

So, rather than wait, I bought a new bike. Olive green! It's really nice-looking, but also decent number of gears for putting to work.  

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I love that bike. I like to think tat if I had one like that I would ride it. Did the thieves take anything else? You need a better class of housemates.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You could get one of those!

Thieves took $5 in laundry money, rifled through Todd's and my stuff, and pulled all his frozen food out of the freezer, left it on the lid to melt. (!?)

Good news also that we have a bank to cover us during condo conversion. Suites should be for sale within a year, I imagine. For a better class of housemates, of course.

5:39 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Jerks!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Great bike.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Where did you get your bike?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Velocity Cycle.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's an icky feeling to think of some loser going through your stuff.

8:38 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes. Marsh should've given them a pamphlet on treatment centers when they left

9:42 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I should have slipped them a note in the mailbox saying, "make good choices."

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home