Saturday, December 01, 2012

Home Again

I am back in Victoria after a quick but wonderful trip to Ottawa.  My friend from school, Patrick, was being ordained, so I went along for the service.  I left here early on Tuesday, and just got back tonight, so it was pretty compact, but well worth going.  The ordination was on Thursday night, and was almost as wonderful as mine!  Other than the ordination, it was good to see Patrick and Mallory, and Esther.  Esther is three now, and brighter and more exuberant than ever.  Also, more exhausting.  She had tons of questions about everything.  Happily, Patrick and Mallory don't have much in the way of technology, so she was completely fascinated by the ipad and my Blackberry.  She was learning to spell out a few words on the blackberry, but most just like typing nonsense.

When Patrick and Mallory came to visit me last Christmas, we went to tea at the Empress. This time around, we did tea at the Chateau Laurier. I thought the food was better at the Empress, but everyone got to choose their own blend of tea at the Chateau.

Patches seems to have coped well with my absence.  A friend came in to feed her every day, so she wasn't totally neglected.  She does seem now that I'm home to be simultaneously ignoring me and keeping me in sight. 

The flight home today was long - I chose it based on when it left (2:00, Ottawa time), which was nice, because I got to go with Patrick and Mallory and watch Esther's swimming lesson.  However, it meant a nine hour day in the air, which was a bit much.  We stopped in Winnipeg, Edmonton  (where I changed planes) and Kelowna.  Got here a little after eight.  Tomorrow's Sunday, so back to it, and since it's the first Sunday in Advent, we're having a special Advent Carol Service in the evening!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Boo-boo also likes playing on the iPad. Occasionally after he leaves I will go on and Google will be up with the message "Your search for zxsytbgfjlloiu produced no results."
Does Patrick have a position?
What time is your service done? Want to phone you.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Patrick is the curate at St. Thomas in Alta Vista, which is an area Ottawa. The service tonight starts at 7, so I'll go down around 6:15, and I'll probably be out til 9 my time. If that's too late, I'll be home tomorrow night.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home