Saturday, November 03, 2012

Cat

Well, not much has been going on out of the usual, except that I inherited a cat today.  She belongs to a friend and colleague of mine who has not been well.  He's a retired priest at St. Luke's, and has been having heart trouble for a while.  He's had to go live with his daughter, which meant the cat was alone for weeks in his trailer.  He was getting worried about her, so  I volunteered to look after her.  I'm not sure if this will be permanent!  It all happened fairly suddenly - he was telling me he was worried yesterday, today she moved in.

Her name is Patches,  though she's not much for responding to it.  So far she's just hid under things - the couch being the current favourite.  Though it is close to the heater, so I guess that makes sense.  I think she's a little off balance from the move - it's not easy to be dumped into a strange house with a stranger!  I've got food and water out for her, so we'll see if she relaxes over the next few days.  If she ever comes out, I'll try for a picture.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am pleased to hear this Will.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Great. Another cat person in the family.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

St. Francis of Rocky Mtn House.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home