Sunday, November 04, 2012

New Place Photos as Requested!

Allison wanted to see the new place, so here it is. Pretty bare right now, as you can see. Thank heavens my friends got helped me get a mattress before they went, or it would be very uncomfortable! I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist and Freecycle but don't want to spend very much, so will see what I can find. (Bedframe and shelf are my main priorities right now, and maybe a futon in case of guests!) 

Here's the view from the door - got the little table and lamp for $4 each off Craigslist (hall light doesn't seem to work). 
 Bathroom off to the left (perfectly serviceable now that they fixed the shower for me!)
 Sort of walk-in closet thingy off to the right. It is plumbed so clearly used to be bathroom - I think the ground floor used to be one apartment (maybe the whole thing was even one house) and there are some strange features resulting from that.
 Looking at main room from door. There are four windows, so a ton of light. They all have giant wrought-iron bars on them, but lots of light and it looks out on a green area at the back. I haven't managed to hang curtains yet (no ladder, no tools) but luckily they drape pretty well over the iron bars!
 Looking the other way into the kitchen half of the main room.
So yeah, all things considered I think it will work out well. Once I get my blackout curtains hung it will be easier to sleep (keep having anxiety dreams) and hopefully at some point I will source some furniture/figure out how to get it home!

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It looks really nice. I'm glad you posted as I was wondering what it looked like too.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

The windows and hardwood floors are why I took it before even seeing anything else... oh, and the fact that they gave me a break on rent (got Grandpa's blood running through my veins!)

12:59 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

what does the outside of it look like? Is it the same as the one you took of leaves all over after hurricane?

also, eye masks work very well if curtains not up

1:23 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I love it. It looks sunny and fresh and open!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Beautiful floors. Can't wait to visit.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yeah, the hurricane leaves photo is the front door of the building. There isn't a back door, but there is a little green space with a tree out the back that my windows (the three in a row) look out on. Lots of light!

The floors were just refinished! yay.

Have been wearing an eye mask but tend to rip it off sometime during the night... oh well, hopefully proper curtains soon.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home