Monday, April 09, 2012

A Very Nice Easter Weekend

G&T came to visit since none of the kids were going home.  Friday night I made clam chowder out of the cookbook Will gave me for Christmas, very delicious.  On Saturday, we went out for breakfast at the Blue Diner, then over to Wener Shoes so Theresa could spend her gift certificate.  She found two pairs of sandals (she also added some of her own money). then I ,ent to the library, and G&T found a hat for G.   After doing some shopping, we went over to G&K's to visit with them.  They had a great trip to Arizona, Marylynne, Deanna and Nancy flew down as well and they had a family reunion in Phoenix.  Kay said the first time in 5 years they were all together.  Both of them were good, and not too much new.  Saturday night we watched my team (Oilers) lose the last game of the season :-(.  Sunday a couple of visits from the Easter Bunny. Then a combo Easter/Birthday dinner, as it was  Grace's roommate Leanna's birthday as well.  Ham and all the fixings.  Allison and Sam  also came over so we had a visit with them too.  After dinner G&T left for Rocky, Sam to study, Allison for home and the girls finished the dishes and then they left to go home, and I was back by myself again.

Spring is certainly not here, still snow on the ground and I have not seen any flowers pushing up.  I guess I will have to wait until I get to Kelowna before I see any.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I have flowers pushing up, daffodils and tulips. But we have a lot less snow than you.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Also when we were visiting George and Kay, Kay took a phone call. When she was done, she said to Jude, "Want a job? The election people are looking for workers." So Jude has a one-day job. Auntie Kay: Finding jobs for people for 40 years.

5:30 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

This makes me happy.
Lisa posting as Mom

6:10 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I forgot to take some clam chowder home!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home