Monday, April 09, 2012

Spring





We have been busy painting Mom's house. Jim left yesterday, after doing much work here with it! We enjoyed his company, although the poor guy did nothing but work and eat while here :)
Yesterday while putting second coat on front, I noticed 2 quail, 1 robin, 2 ducks, and a squirrel in our yard. Nature!
Mom's house looks great-with the colour you notice her house now, with that yucky brown, it just disappeared.
We have to put a 2nd coat on the siding, and I would like to get primer on the patio bricks.
I have posted a few pictures of our spring here :)
Work has been super busy, doing training for our move to the new building. One more week of that to go, then perhaps a reprieve? I am probably being optimistic. Though stressful, doing all this move stuff is quite interesting.
I am finished my class-my essay was on ethically analyzing dialectical behaviour therapy as a treatment for borderline personality disorder. I found it interesting to do.
My next class is the ethics and politics of health care.
I am irritated with my union. Not unusual. I find this black and white thinking about stuff irritating, and I also find it irritating to be manipulated by it as they try to build support for action. Really, now you offer an information session on job action with pizza and pop? Also interesting is that from my small little sphere, it seems that the people most interested in union activity are the people with 1) worst communication skills 2) poorest job performance 3) poor sense of personal responsibility.
In other news, looking forward to our trip to Las Vegas-shark tank! People watching! Pool! Hotel with many lights!

8 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

don't forget the Mobster museum.

3:37 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Mobster museum!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I agree re: BCNU. It's extremely interesting as a student to watch the atmosphere of the unit change almost overnight. Why can't we all just get along like we did in middle school?!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I never thought I would hear you speak this way about unions. There is hope for you yet.

5:31 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I am totally anti-union now-you would be so happy Theresa.
Scott, are you finished school? Where are you going to work? Mental health?
Am posting as Mom-but it's Lisa

6:09 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I never got along with people during middle school.

7:22 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Did anyone did get along in middle school?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I still have two more years to go for my BScN. I muddled around with sciences for two years before starting nursing, so Grace is actually a year ahead of me! As of right now, I'm leaning towards pediatrics, which is the rotation I'm in this term. I love how it's such a general specialty - oxymoron intended, haha. They don't let us students work too closely with the mental health kids, but it's something I'd love to explore more of.

Middle School reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFT35S7Jb4 haha

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home