Saturday, April 14, 2012

My bookcase


Have to show off my Christmas present from Geoff. He got a friend of ours to make me a bookcase out of walnut and it got delivered yesterday. Beautiful, no? Not sure I have books worthy of being stored in there.

We are in our third day of snow. Really. Everyone says we need the moisture but surely it could come in more liquid form. We had a week or so of nice weather previous to this and I was getting itchy to be in the yard. That itch will not be scratched for a while yet.

Tim and his friend, I guess girlfriend, Courtney came over for supper this week so we could meet her. She is very nice. She has a little 8-month-old son who is as cute as can be. Fortunately since I have been cleaning up downstairs we could easily locate the high chair and baby toys that I have been keeping for some reason.

Geoff has been off work for a few weeks now and is enjoying his time at home. I am certainly enjoying the meals cooked for me. Between him and Jude I can't remember the last time I cooked supper.

7 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

That looks fantastic.

1:44 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

That is lovely!
More on Courtney please, Tim.

8:57 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Sorry to tell you that our horse chestnut is starting to leaf out.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Wow that is beautiful. what a great present

9:30 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

It is gorgeous! Who got the most attention at dinner: Courtney, or the BABY?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Duh

12:06 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

The previous comment was from Geoff.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home