Sunday, October 02, 2011

Delightful Visitors

I had a couple of unexpected but very welcome visitors yesterday. Two of our most faithful blog stalkers, Scott and Jovita, stopped by to say hi. Jovita was in Victoria for a rugby trip, and they were driving by when Grace ordered them, via text, to stop. After a brief confusion about the relation of my cottage to the cemetery, they arrived. We had a nice visit - always nice to see them!

Last week was very busy - we had a clergy conference upisland on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was a conference run by the Red Cross, on creating safe environment - really about abuse free environments. It was a great conference, really helpful, and on point. It was held in Duncan, which is about 45 minutes from Victoria. I drove both days, and brought along a carful of clergy.

Then on Thursday and Friday I filled in at the church office (the secretary is on holiday), and drove Don, our blind priest, on his afternoon visits. All this meant that I didn't get to working on my sermon til Saturday, which I swore I'd never do. So, I lasted about 3 months.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I like the sentence of a car full of clergy.
How did the sermon turn out?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I also am always glad to Scott and Jo.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home