Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Gold Beach

The fourth lodging place I booked and it is also good. Very large rooms and we are again oceanside, back from the beach just a few minutes' walk. We went for a long walk along the beach this morning.
The weather has turned rainy. It was really coming down today and I spent a lot of time watching the ocean from our room. We were going to go to the redwoods today but decided to wait until tomorrow so just hung around here all day. It's not really a resort town like Cannon Beach or Seaside, but I like it. Jude and I went to the little museum, really gave us a feel for the area.
We drove yesterday from Newport, stopping there to see the aquarium which was great.
Gold Beach is not really a resort town like Cannon Beach or Seaside, but I like it. Jude and I went to the little museum which I enjoyed and which gave us a good feeling of what this area is like. The lady at the museum is from Edmonton!
Although the town doesn't seem like much we have sure eaten at some good restaurants. Clam chowder and more clam chowder.
People in Oregon are very friendly.

4 Comments:

Blogger jvos said...

We all miss you at work Theresa! The spreadsheet is not the same without you! Hope you are having a great time.

10:03 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It is raining here too!
But we are not oceanside on vacation... I am glad you are all having fun.

6:21 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It is raining here too!
But we are not oceanside on vacation... I am glad you are all having fun.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I am excited for another ocean side vacation at the TumbyBay =)

Tumby Bay

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home