Sunday, May 08, 2011

I wish I was in Vancouver with all the Badgers! Happy Mother's Day to all and happy ordination to Will.

(Alternatively, I wish I was at the VSS conference in Florida again... boo, didn't get my data until after the abstracts were due, so no beach for me this May).

However, since neither of those seem likely, New Haven will do. I've been asked to stay at the lab until the end of the summer and do a bit more research, which seems like quite a compliment and also means putting off any more Guelph for a few months. However, apparently when I applied for my visa, I signed a form saying I would not be staying more than six months (which I'm sure is true, since I signed whatever they sent me). So I am waiting around for Yale's International Student department to decide what to do with me. Very awkward, since I would need to start finding a place to live for July and August. (I would stay here, but my housemates were kind enough to sublet a room for May and June without notifying me of when the girl would be looking at the house, so I didn't get a chance to meet her. Hopefully she's fine, but if not I didn't want to sign on for two more months with someone I haven't had a chance to suss out).

Fingers crossed... I really don't want to be condemned to another Guelph summer!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home