Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Uncle George is 85 Today

I went to visit the other Sivaks yesterday, and Kay told me it is Uncle George's birthday today. He sure looks good for 85, although as he is quick to point out, "looking good was never my problem". when he says it it makes sense but when I write it down not so much. I got caught up on all the news. their trip to Arizona was good, they visited with Dennis, he still does not have a job, but his health is good. Deanna had her other knee operated on, and is feeling fine. Anne's son Greg might be getting married in June in Kelowna, so depending on the timing Kay is thinking she will come for the wedding, not too sure if George will or not. Al Owen is recovering, he was having a bunch of pain, and he asked to Dr to give him the strongest pain killer you have. So they did and whatever it was burned a hole in his aorta, and he lost 65% of his blood, if he had been found 15 minutes later he would have bled out. He is slowly getting better but it is taking a long time. Aunty Kay is looking good, but has to have colonoscopy in the next little while, she does not think it is anything serious, but her iron is low, and they are making sure there is nothing else wrong.

And just talking about health, I saw my Dr on Tuesday, and my thyroid is out of whack again. So my medication has been adjusted, and I hope to have some improvement soon. The weird thing is that I have too much synthroid, which apparently can cause some of the same problems, as too little. On a positive note my blood pressure was 112/72 so she was very pleased with that. All other blood stuff was good too. I am off to get my haircut tonight, which always makes me feel good, and I shall look glamourous at work tomorrow (at least as glamourous as a middle aged woman can be).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I would say that would be on the high end of glamourous. Looking good is never your problem, Judith.

I'm glad to hear re: thyroid adjustment. It feels crappy when it is out of whack.

1:46 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, my thought is that you are always looking fabulous! And I have not called you back yet, though I will this weekend!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

You are a Sivak and a chip off the old block so looking good was never your problem. Hope the adjustment of medication works.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

You are all so good for my ego.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you wow them at work with your glamourous hairdo? Bet you did!

glad to get all the news from TOS - you are good to keep up with them.
Looking forward to seeing you shortly - Lisa made our reservation at the hotel - Richard is not able to come - he goes east on the Sat

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home