Saturday, April 30, 2011

Did Anyone Else Get Up To Watch The Wedding?

I usually wake up at least once a night, and so I woke up at 3:30 and decided instead of going back to sleep I would get up and watch. I found it kind of funny that people thought Sarah Ferguson was snubbed because she did not get invited. No one said anything about Princess Anne's ex not being invited. I was really impressed how everything was run on such a precise schedule. Britain really knows how to put on a show.

I had some company last week, Geoff had a course to go to so stayed at my place for a couple of nights. He is always good company and took me out to supper on his new employer, since he did not have any hotel costs.

Weather is starting to cooperate, we have been getting into double digits, and the lawns are starting to green up. I am really looking forward to going to Vancouver and Victoria next weekend, I m sure we will see lots of green there.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I did! Though I was more interested in seeing the Abbey and the clergy than the wedding. Always nice to see Rowan Williams on TV - as Anne put it, he really looks like the kind of nerdy kid who was obsessed with board games.

Just over a week to the ordination! For all those who are attending, I've made supper reservations for after- I made the reservations for 7:30, beacause I'm pretty sure I won't be able to rush away. We're going to a place called "Glo", which I've never been to, but is supposed to be very good.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

My interest in the wedding is pretty minimal -- but I also don't wake up easily in the night, so no for me. Librarians galore are talking about it this weekend, however. A bearded man from work photoshopped his face onto a photo of Prince Beatrice so it looked like he was wearing The Hat.

4:18 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I liked the assortment of hats.
I only caught up on it via the web. I require entirely too much sleep, so getting up that early was not an option.
I am excited to go to Vancouver too :)
Mom and I will be arriving Friday night-I am hoping for 10'ish. Leaving after school is done on Friday.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

We won't be able to go to Vancouver but will see you in Victoria! Looking forward to next weekend.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It will be nice to see you guys again BettyAnne, it has been awhile.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Will, don't know if he told you, but Tim is coming too. But he and Sam are flying back from Victoria at 7 p.m. so won't be able to make it for supper.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I got up! Helena needed company. We enjoyed the hats.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home